- INGREDIENTS for the VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or grapeseed oil
- INGREDIENTS for the SALAD
- 4 medium beets, cooked and cut into thick slices
- 4 medium golden beets, cooked and cut into thick slices
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz. toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Raspberries and/or orange segments for garnish (Optional)
- Fresh chives or tarragon, finely chopped for garnish (Optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tarragon vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the walnut and sunflower oils until emulsified.
- COMPOSE the SALAD.
- Toss the beets and orange segments with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese and walnuts over.
- Garnish with a few raspberries.
- Finish the plate with the chopped fresh herbs, a couple of grinds of pepper and a pinch of fleur de sel.