- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup hazelnut flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- Ganache Filling:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Gold leaf
- Chopped hazelnuts
Time: 1 hour + chilling time
Yield: 8, 4-inch tarts
Make the Crust
- In a food processor, pulse together the all-purpose flour, hazelnut flour, powdered sugar, and sea salt. Add the cold cubed butter. Pulse until pea-sized clumps form.
- Stream in the A L’ Oliver Hazelnut Oil and ice water. Pulse until everything is combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight. It will feel slightly sticky.
- Roll it out on a floured work surface. Drape the dough over 8 4-inch tart pans. Pres it into the tins. Then roll the pin across the top to cut off the access dough, Prick the bottoms of the tart shells with a fork a couple of times. Place them in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Fill the shells with dried beans or pie weights. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove the weights and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool the shells in their tins.
Make the Filling
- In a small pot, bring the cream to a simmer. Pour it over the chopped Gianduja Couverture and cover for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cream and chocolate until homogeneous. Add a pinch of salt.
- Evenly distribute the ganache filling among the tart shells, which should still be in the pans. Decorate the tarts with flecks of gold leaf or chopped hazelnuts, and fleur de sel.
- Chill for 4-6 hours before removing the tarts from the tins. Leave the tarts out at room temperature for 25 minutes before serving.
Login and Registration Form