- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk or coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 ½ oz Amedei Toscano Black 70% Chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the egg until light. Stir in the sugar gradually. When these ingredients are well blended, stir in the milk or coffee, the melted butter and chocolate.
- Resift the flour with salt and baking powder. Stir these ingredients into the egg mixture. Add the vanilla. Place the batter into well-buttered, deep custard cups-about 2/3 full. Cover with foil. Steam in the oven by setting the cups in a pan of hot water, for about ½ hour. Remove the foil and serve pudding at once.