- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 6 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced and torn into bite-size pieces
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ cups shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely grated + additional for serving
- Freshly milled black pepper
Time: 15 minutes
Make the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When it reaches a boil, add salt.
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven or sauté pan until frothy. Add the prosciutto and sage. Cook occasionally stirring until the prosciutto is golden brown and beginning to crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat until the pasta is ready.
- Put the peas and the pasta into the boiling water. According to the package directions, Cook Cipriani Pasta 4/5. Drain.
- Turn the heat to medium under the pot with the prosciutto. Add the pasta, peas, Parmesan, and ¼- ½ cup of the pasta cooking water. Cook, toss vigorously, and add more pasta cooking liquid if needed until sauce and pasta is coated for about 30 seconds. Taste for salt and pepper.