- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 apple or pear, cored and sliced
- 4 slices of bread cut ½” thick
- 4-6 oz Beemster Truffle Gouda, shredded
Time: 15 minutes
Make the Grilled Cheese
- Cook the bacon the way you like it in a heavy skillet. Sizzle the apple slices in the fat for a minute or two. Remove and reserve. Pour off most of the fat. Brown one side of each slice of bread in the bacon drippings.
- Spread a little mustard on the untoasted side of the bread. Layer on the bacon, apple slices and shredded cheese. put the sandwiches into the skillet and pop them in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melty.
Login and Registration Form