- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt (preferably whole milk)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Zest of a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Purple food dye (or red and blue food dye)
Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 Servings
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Add your lemon zest and sugar to a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the zest and sugar together. This will release the essential oils in the citrus zest and intensify the lemon flavor. Rub the sugar and zest together until the sugar resembles wet sand.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt to the bowl with your sugar. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Then, add your yogurt, A L’Olivier Lavender Olive Oil, and milk. Mix until everything is just combined. You do not want to over-mix because that can lead to a dense and tough final loaf.
- Once everything is just combined, pour the batter into your loaf pan. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature while the loaf is still in the oven to 325° F and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the loaf is done baking, wait for it to completely cool before cutting into it. It is essential to wait until it is completely cool since the loaf will continue to cook with its residual heat as it cools down.
- While the loaf cools, you can get started on the glaze. Simply whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add in a drop or two of food dye. Then, glaze the loaf about 30 minutes after it comes out of the oven and serve.
Login and Registration Form