- 4 very ripe beefsteak type tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
- 12 1 inch thick slices baguette or rustic bread, day-old is fine
- Sea salt to taste
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Hold the cut surface to the large shredding side of a box grater. Grate them into a bowl. The skin will stay in your hand.
- Stir the olive oil and the sherry vinegar into the tomato pulp.
- Toast the bread dark. Grilling it is even better.
- Rub the face of the bread with a split clove of garlic.
- Top each slice with a good dollop of the tomatoes. Spread it.
- Drizzle oil on each slice and sprinkle with sea salt.