- 1 lb mixed mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- Pinch each of salt and pepper.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all -purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb pizza dough from your favorite pizzeria or baker
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pie
Make the béchamel.
- Sauté the mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Give them a splash of vermouth and let it evaporate.
- Add a pinch each of salt and pepper plus the thyme and set aside.
- Off the heat stir in the black truffle oil.
- Make a roux.
- Melt the butter.
- After it foams, stir in the flour. Cook for a minute or two.
- Make a Béchamel. Stir in the heavy cream until the sauce thickens. Take it off the heat and stir in the Melchiorri Black Truffle Sauce. Set aside.
Make the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F.
- Use a pizza stone or a rimmed sheet pan turned upside down on the bottom rack of the oven to bake on.
- Stretch the dough on a floured board or countertop, first with your hands then with a rolling pin. Spread the Béchamel evenly over the pie, leaving 1” around the edge. Sprinkle over the grated cheese, ½ the Fontina and ½ the Mozzarella. Layer on ½ the mushrooms and repeat. Slide the pizza into the oven. Bake 10 -15 minutes until golden and bubbly.