- 1 block of Greek Feta in brine
- 50g plain flour for dredging (1–2 ounces)
- 1/2 lemon
- 766 Deluxe Honey
- (Optional toppings drained capers or toasted white sesame seeds )
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- If the block of Feta is a large slice in half. If it is a smaller piece no need to slice. If you cut the cheese too thin, the saganaki will melt into the pan.
- Place the cheese under running water and then dredge into the flour, shaking off the excess flour. This will help the saganaki form a nice golden crust and hold its shape when fried.
- In a small heavy-bottomed, non-stick pan, add the EVOO as soon as the oil heats, add the cheese, and sear for a few minutes on both sides, flipping the saganaki carefully with a spatula until the crust is golden.
- Drizzle with 776 Deluxe Honey, a sprinkle of lemon and optional toppings. Serve while hot as a delicious meze with grilled pita, olives, and other assorted vegetables and fruit.
- Adapted from MyGreekDish.com -EliK. Giannopoulos