- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly butter a medium-sized gratin dish.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them thinly. Arrange one layer of sweet potatoes in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, a pinch of cayenne and a large pinch of smoked paprika.
- Dot with butter and pour over a small portion of the cream. Continue with the remainder of the sweet potatoes, sprinkling each layer with the seasonings and dot with butter. Pour remaining cream over sweet potatoes.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.