- 1 ½ cups single cream/heavy cream
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup baby spinach
Time: 1 hour
- Infuse the cream with saffron by gently heating it in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Brown them in olive oil 3-5 minutes on each side until golden but not cooked all the way through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan, then the minced garlic and cook over low heat for 20-30 seconds, then add the flour and mix until you have a paste.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and let it reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan together with the infused cream.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer for 5 minutes longer. Taste the sauce and add more salt if needed.