- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces ciliegine mozzarella
- Basil to your heart’s content, cut into chiffonade if the leaves are large
Time: 30 minutes
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for a ½ hour. Preheat the grill to medium. Skewers the tomatoes. Set on a baking sheet. Thread the ciliegine onto skewers. Set alongside the tomatoes on the sheet pan.
- Combine the three extra virgin olive oils in the bowl from which you will serve the salad. Brush the skewers lightly with oil.Grill the tomatoes for 3 -4 minute then turn them and grill for another 3 -4 minute. While the tomatoes grill, add the balsamic vinegar to the oil in the bowl and whisk to emulsify. When the tomatoes start to burst, remove them from the heat. Turn the heat to “High”. Grill the cheese for one minute and then flip it for another minute.
- Leave them on the skewers and lightly drizzle the components with the dressing. Add a generous pinch of Fleur de Sel, then sprinkle over the basil.
Login and Registration Form