- 8 cups milk (half gallon)
- ½ cup sugar (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chopped pistachios (as desired)
Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- Combine 4 cups of milk, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, saffron, and salt in a large, heavy pan. Bring this mixture to a simmer and then add the rice.
- Maintain a simmer while slowly adding the remaining 4 cups of milk. Bring to a low boil for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until the rice is fully cooked. If the rice looks too dry, add more milk. Taste. Add more sugar if that is your liking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and lightly dust with a bit of cinnamon and cardamom. bowl and top it with some more cinnamon, and cardamom. Scatter pistachios over.